
Grandma Veda-
I have been looking forward to seeing you at the end of this month. It makes me sad to know I missed you. But I have really enjoyed thinking of you while anticipating our reunion. I have a lot of happy pictures in my head of times in your home.
I think of your pretty house and yard. Yellow and white, and the garage was so pretty because everything was organized and behind doors. All you saw was a cheery blue paint covering every surface. Even the floor. Everything entirely spotless and gleaming.
I think of “The Price is Right.” It really is a fun show. I think about all the many times you tended me. It was so much fun to spend time with you. I also think of the matinee on Saturday afternoon.
Becoming a woman I thought of you being engaged a few times rather than just once. I was glad you were able to be silly, young and flirtatious and then able to share the stories with the grandkids.
On the card of my wedding gift you wrote, “Just be happy.” I treasure these words. Following your advice has made my life richer. Thank you for offering such a simple and wise lesson.
Today I planted a lilac bush to remind me of you. It should bloom at the beginning of June every year. I love you and will always cherish your memories and stories.
Love,
Melia
No comments:
Post a Comment