Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Diet Challenge

So, Katie Coons Burdett posted a diet challenge on her blog and I'm going to do it.  I was doing so great and got down to 142 while I was lifting weights, but one day I was lifting and my hands went numb all of the sudden and I had pinched a nerve in my neck.  My back has also been a problem lately and I've been having huge headaches.  And I've been eating all kinds of JUNK...tonight I had 2 granola bars, a piece of watermelon and some dried mangos for dinner...ick!  I haven't been cooking at all lately...so I'll try this for a week and see how it goes.  Most of it I've done before and KNOW I can do except for the fowl only and no processed foods...not sure how that will go, guess I'll just have to pick up a bunch of chicken for the week!  Here is the challenge, join us if you'd like:

7 Rules for 7 Days

1. Start every morning with a fiberlicious cereal!
2. No WHITE flour--bread, tortillas, rolls etc. If you HAVE to eat grains, only eat 100% whole wheat.
3. Drink only water, no carbonation, no caffeine.
4. No Red Meat only “fowl”
5. Eat food closest to it original form. Avoid processed anything!
6. No processed sugar! (no candy, cookies, ice cream)(You can have one sugar free treat a day.)
7. Don't eat for 3 hours before you go to sleep. 


Oh, I might have to stay up LATE to do #7! LOL!

3 comments:

Jared West said...

Sounds like a good challenge! What do you do after the 7 days? come over for brownies and ice cream!

Carrie said...

Personally, I'm going to bake some chocolate chip muffins, which I just remembered I needed the recipe for, then I'll come over for brownies and ice cream! homemade ice cream right? Nate wants to know if he can come with me.

Anonymous said...

Your diet rules are some of the most horrifying things I have ever seen. They can't possibly be good for you.