We started out early in the morning...well, early for us, and headed towards Martin's Cove. We stopped on the way to check out Independence Rock. Last time I went there was at the end of our ward family trek and I was too tired to climb it, so this time I did and got to check out the pioneer graffiti at the top. It was pretty cool. Then we headed to the cove, grabbed a handcart and trekked for 5 miles up into the cove. Then we did a Sweetwater River crossing. We were all hot and tired, some even grumpy, but we made it and after we got to play in the river, the kids were cheerful and we ended up having a good time. Back in the car for a 5 hour drive home, and I made my 126 photobook on the way. Got to love laptops! I looked up when I finished it and we were in Roosevelt!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Day 9- Our Trek in Martin's Cove
We started out early in the morning...well, early for us, and headed towards Martin's Cove. We stopped on the way to check out Independence Rock. Last time I went there was at the end of our ward family trek and I was too tired to climb it, so this time I did and got to check out the pioneer graffiti at the top. It was pretty cool. Then we headed to the cove, grabbed a handcart and trekked for 5 miles up into the cove. Then we did a Sweetwater River crossing. We were all hot and tired, some even grumpy, but we made it and after we got to play in the river, the kids were cheerful and we ended up having a good time. Back in the car for a 5 hour drive home, and I made my 126 photobook on the way. Got to love laptops! I looked up when I finished it and we were in Roosevelt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Carrie, that is awesome! I have another friend from here that did that same trek and she said it was a very spiritual experience. Not to mention, Very Hard!
Sweet! I like the 126 photobook--like to see it sometime. I love that you take alot of photos :)
Post a Comment