Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

We just got back from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I hope I remembered how to spell it correctly. It was so beautiful and was full of limestone, even the stairs and many of the walls. Even being herded through with the crowds, you could feel the spirit so strongly especially in the celestial room. Nate was especially excited to see it--"It's like a dream come true!" he said when I told him, "Yes, we are going in the temple now." He is very interested in temples lately, I think they have been talking about it a lot in primary this month. A couple weeks ago he really wanted me to take him to see the Vernal Temple, so I did and we walked around it and checked it out. I hope he can feel the importance of it.




In the reception tent...the kids enjoyed the cookies and water--and the art.

This "I Love To See The Temple." bench was in front of the church across the street. We thought it was really cute so I took everyone's photo in front of it.

3 comments:

Julie Anderson said...

Beautiful! Kelly took my boys & her kids there after byu sports camp. she loved it too. cutie girl on the bench!

Alexis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexis said...

That was the first temple dedication I've ever been too, and it was fantastic! I can't wait...one day! :)