Monday, July 13, 2009

More Day 4-Jamesport and Hannibal

Next we travelled to Jamesport, a really beautiful little town, and the largest Amish community in Missouri. I loved it!

We had lunch at Gingerich Dutch Pantry which is owned by Mennonites.

Great photo ops in Jamesport too, EVERYTHING was cute!





On the way out, we kept getting stuck behind Amish wagons and buggies and my compulsion to take photos finally won out!


Amish barn and laundry!

An Amish home--interesting, the Amish homes in PA always had green shades, but all the homes here have white curtains.


Hannibal, the birth place of Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) was almost on our way, so we checked it out. I really wanted to see the riverboat, but we just missed it!



Huck Finn, Nate Wallace, and Tom Sawyer...just like the 3 Musketeers!

We climbed 250 stairs up to this lighthouse (don't know if we would have done it if all those stairs were visible from the bottom). When I got back down, my legs started having muscle spasms! I guess the days of BYU and my awesome stair-climbing muscles are definitely gone!




Samuel Clemen's boyhood home...about 2 blocks from the Mississippi River.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Fun Carrie I am so glad you're blogging on the trip already it's nice to see live updates haha. I am so excited for you to see Nauvoo. I would love to go there someday!