The continuing saga of a family of seven living in rural Utah.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Salt Lake: The First Two Weeks
It's been two weeks now, and I've already had the chance to visit temple square twice! I've enjoyed it so far. I have a bunch of pictures of my little adventures through downtown Salt Lake, but none of band camp. I was probably really sweaty the whole time so you don't want to see any pictures anyway. Here's the temple from my friend Karsen's condo. I spent the night there before the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication.
The Tabernacle. It had such good acoustics that you could literally sit in the back and hear a pin drop up front. They even demonstrated!
The old Assembly Hall. They used it as a chapel. At least that's what the sister missionaries told me.
The bell from the Nauvoo Temple. The saints had to leave their temple, but took the bell along.
This is a monument about the seagulls that ate the crickets that were eating the early saints' crops, which I'm sure the saints themselves wanted to eat. Lots of eating going on there! My mom seems to know a lot about it.
John the Baptist restoring the Aaronic Priesthood.
Melchizidek Priesthood Restoration under Peter, James, and John.
Joseph and Hyrum.
The Conference Center. I took a tour up to the top!
The inside of the assembly hall. Ashley had band camp too, so she came along.
Alexis moved in by the time band camp was over so we hung out. They showed a movie behind the dorms, which turned out to be pretty fun.
1 comment:
Fun to have you contributing to the blog.
Post a Comment