Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sick of STUFF!

I'm SO tired of all the junk in this house. Just did a DI cleanse of my clothes and going to do the boys' clothes next. Why is it so hard to get rid of stuff I NEVER wear!? I did get a huge bag full of clothes, but still there is a lot I don't ever wear...things that don't even look good on me...maybe I'll go up there again and give it another try. On a good note, I convinced Allen not to buy an organ from a garage sale last Saturday...just what we need, more stuff in the sunroom. He also wanted to buy a softball bat. Why? Because it was only $5 I guess, seeing as we already have a whole tote of softball and baseball stuff in the garage that never gets used. I was at Art in the Park and he kept texting and calling me trying to convince me that we needed these things. I was actually very surprised that he didn't buy them when I got home. Maybe there is hope after all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you did it all on your own. It took a small flood downstairs to get me to go through all that STUFF and here we are 5 carloads freer. Now to start on the upstairs. However, I'd rather do it minus the flood.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I love me a good DI cleansing! i plan on hitting the girls' toy closet this weekend.

Angie said...

That is soooo funny Carrie, sounds like me I'm always texting Lane about stuff seeing if he wants it and he always says he doesn't need ANYTHING unless it's another hunt of course ;)

Julie Anderson said...

My house is so small...I have to do this about every three months. Garage sales are OFF LIMITs in our family. We don't need anymore Meat Smokers or boxes of Pokemon cards:)