This was the last day we will be at home with Spencer still home. We are leaving for California any minute now, and he will leave on Wednesday for marching band camp. We got to see him briefly after church as we had his final piano recital before he left for the singles ward. Allen gave him a father's blessing and then we all hugged and said goodbye. We may get to do it all over again, because I thought we'd be gone by now, but the bishop just got home. It was a melancholy experience for me. Sad that our family will never be the same, but happy and full of confidence that he is so ready for this next step. We love you Spencer!
Spencer and the other kids played duets and then Spencer played a Sonata.

The audience...us and Brooke and Alexis.

Spencer's last family night lesson, on avoiding contention...complete with illustrations of Nephi's ship.
4 comments:
I love the ship illustration- especially the flag :)
duhn duhn.....*hesitated clapping* "are you done" *Spencer pulls out four more pages of music*
I really enjoyed coming this afternoon. :)
I hope that Spencer doesn't know how quickly you plan to tear apart his room!
After the tears...of course!
Post a Comment