Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wallace Family Reunion at Cascade Park

Every year we get together with the Wallace family for dinner at the park. The big hit this year was Grandpa's rocket launcher...the kids love making rockets, pumping up them up and sending them high into the air!

Spencer has a patented spiral fin design he likes to construct.

Some serious rocket construction was happening here.

Brad and Ken provided ice-blocking fun for the kids...and some adults.

Even the OLD ones!

My nieces wanted me to do it, and I agreed as long as they got photographic proof that I did it!

It was tricky since Micah wanted to join me, but we got the hang of it after 3 tries!

Brad and Kandra love me to take photos of them!

Even though he doesn't have cousins his own age, Spencer fits right in! I didn't even know he could jump rope!

Grandpa also has this cool old-fashioned ice shaver...Aaron provided the manpower for it.

Grandma plans all the food and entertainment every year...she does a great job!

Aunt Marie, Ruth and Aunt Jean.

Lloyd and Aunt Pat.

Uncles Bob and John.

Aunt Carolyn with Uncle John's version of the rocket launcher...you just stomp the 2-liter bottle and they go just as high as the bike pump powered one, until the bottle gives out!

Aunt Marie.

Cousins photo.

3 comments:

Shirlene said...

Yep, I need the pvc rocket recipe.

Shirlene said...

I am still waiting for the day that our family is invited too!!!

Carrie said...

You're not invited until I get invited to girls' weekend...haven't I played enough Scrabble to earn that yet?

Rocket recipe: Wrap construction paper loosely around a PVC pipe, tape it, cut a circle for the nose cone and tape it on, stick a crumpled up square of TP in the nose cone for weight and add fins. The kids LOVE making them and testing them.