
Even though I was a bit bummed that
Allen and the Chipmunks decided not to compete in the triathlon this year, I was happy to not have to get up at 5:30 for it like we've done for the past 3 years. Still, 8 a.m. came fast enough and we were at the pool for the swim races.

I was a little worried about Nate swimming the length of the pool, but he did awesome! He didn't swim very straight but he still managed to beat two kids and got 2nd place in front crawl and 3rd in backstroke! I was very proud of him!

Tanner and Jessica got first place in front crawl and backstroke in their age divisions. Tanner whispered to me, "I'm finally beating those Krzymowski kids!" Tanner used to dominate until Krzymowski's moved here and started giving him some stiff competition. Abby Krzymowski did beat Jess in the IM though, so I guess she better work on her turns!

Jessica wins another race!

The REAL reason my kids come to swim races every year is for the money dive at the end. You get big boxes of candy for the coins with the stars on them too! They used to come away with about $5 each, but there are a lot more kids who compete nowadays.

Finally got a photo of Aaron at work now that he is a REAL lifeguard!

Good job, Wallaces!

As soon as we were done with the swim races, we went to watch the parade. It was HOT so Spencer, the big spender, ran and bought soda for our family and all his friends.

We saw this really good-looking drummer march by...he sounded AWESOME!

Then we ran over to Art in the Park again so Jessica could take a free oil-painting lesson from Lynn Mecham.

Tanner and Nate made some screen-print bandanas...

and learned how to draw.

We all enjoyed some free shaved ice from the tribe. And, no, that's not my new hairdo, it's just a tree behind me!

After a nice, long nap, we headed back up to the park for the more entertainment, which ended with an Eddie Money concert...he has some GREAT music. Our fun weekend ended with a fireworks show. Good small-town times! You all should come out for it sometime!
3 comments:
Sounds like a lot of exhausting fun!
Fun! That is why we go to Richfield for the 4th--we love the small town fun. What does UBIC stand for?--I guess I am out of the loop.
Tom & I saw Eddie Money this year too--was his CRAZY WILD daughter with him?
Looks like a fun weekend! Maybe we'll join you sometime.
Sure, come out sometime...UBIC is Uintah Basin in Celebration...it's really not that exciting since they don't have the pig chase anymore, But we'd love to have you anytime! The big attraction out our way is the Dinosaur Quarry out past Vernal...it's awesome. Maybe someday our boat will be fixed and we could all go waterskiing when you come!
Post a Comment